To best serve your healthcare needs and to make your visit as pleasant as possible, we have compiled the following information.
In an effort to reduce the amount of time you spend in our reception area, all patient visits are by appointment. We do keep appointments for same day scheduling to accommodate urgent and emergency needs of our patients. If you are scheduling an appointment for routine physicals, female exams or health maintenance, we encourage you to schedule these appointments well in advance. Obviously, illnesses can arise suddenly and we will make every effort to schedule an appointment for you as soon as possible and with your primary care provider if they are available.
Please have your insurance information available when you call to schedule your appointment. Arrive fifteen minutes before your scheduled appointment so that your physician/nurse practitioner will be able to see you by the time of your appointment and to complete or update patient information. If you arrive late for a regularly scheduled appointment you may be asked to reschedule at the physician/nurse practitioner’s discretion.
What to Bring
- Your photo ID
- Your insurance card, or the insurance card covering your child if your child is the patient
- Your copayment or payment in full if insurance will not cover your visit
- A list of medications you are currently taking, or your child is currently taking
- Forms you have completed ahead of time. CLICK HERE FOR FORMS.
Registration and Appointment Check-In
Here at Ardmore Family Practice we are always working to enhance and streamline your office visits. Our pre-registration and pre-visit check-in software, Phreesia, assists us in giving you the best experience possible. This system helps us to obtain the most up to date information, reduce our paper consumption, and reduce time spent in the waiting room for registration, therefore reducing wait time for seeing your provider.
Here’s how it works-
After scheduling your appointment, you will receive a text message up to 3 days in advance from Phreesia.
This message will contain a link asking you to verify your information.
- New Patients: You will be asked to fill out your demographic information and medical history. After completing this, please review and sign our HIPAA, Privacy, and Patient Policies. If your appointment requires a copay, you can pay that ahead of time!
- Existing Patients: You will be asked to verify information already in our system, update anything that may have changed, and sign our HIPAA, Privacy, and Patient Policies if it has been over one year since you signed them last. If your appointment requires a copay or you have a balance, you can pay that ahead of time!
After completing these steps, existing patients, please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment and if you are a new patient please arrive 30 minutes early to your appointment with a form of identification and your most up to date insurance card (if using insurance). All patients should call our check in telephone number at 336-659-9186 and let the receptionist know you’re here for your appointment.
If you are unable to complete the pre-visit registration/check-in, please come 15 minutes early to your appointment. You will be sent a link to your device in the office or given one of our Phreesia Pads to complete your registration.
Confirmation and Cancellation
You will receive a phone call, text message or email from our appointment reminder system, reminding you of your upcoming appointment. If you must cancel an appointment, please call us as soon as you become aware that you are unable to keep it. We would appreciate at least 24 hours in advance if possible. We would like to help you reschedule, and your previous slot can then be given to another patient.
Failure to give us notice of your cancellation, our policy is as follows:
• First missed appointment: no charge
• Second missed appointment: $25.00 charge
• Third missed appointment: $25.00 charge and possible dismissal from the practice
If you find yourself in a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Department. Please know which Emergency Rooms are approved by your insurance company.
After Hours, Weekends, Holidays
After hours, weekends, and holidays calls are directed to a remote voice mailbox which immediately alerts the on call clinical staff or physician. Please leave your name, phone number and a brief description of the problem. The on-call clinical staff will respond as quickly as possible. Medical calls are triaged by one of our clinical staff.
Please use evening and night calls for emergency conditions only. We will not prescribe medications or authorize refills, including refills for pain medications and antibiotics.
Need Us? Call Our Office at: 336-659-0076
Ardmore Family Practice
2805 Lyndhurst Avenue
Winston Salem, NC 27103
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm for lunch
9:00am - 12:00pm
Ardmore Family Practice *2021